- $2,000 for the first place essay, and $1,000 for the second place essay, submitted in each of the state’s eight public high school regions.
- $2,000 for the first place essay, and $1,000 for the second place essay, submitted by private and/or home-schooled students. Participating private and home-schooled students will be judged together as a ninth region for the purpose of making scholarship awards.
- An additional award of $8,000 will go to the single essay that is judged to be the most outstanding in the state. Therefore, the winning essay will be awarded a total of $10,000.
Lee Jackson Educational Foundation
PO Box 8121
Charlottesville, VA 22906
Upcoming Job Fair in March 2018. Please see the following letter concerning industry in our area looking for you!
You must register for the NCAA clearinghouse to participate. Please follow the link below and complete the registration process.
Do you have students looking for flexible job opportunities? Do you know of students who want to pursue culinary or hospitality careers? Do you have students who plan to attend Virginia Tech?
Then this job opportunity is for them!
Virginia Tech Dining Services is one of the largest employers in Blacksburg and continues to grow in size. VT’s Dining program is nationally ranked and carries an esteemed reputation. We are currently looking for members to add to our team.
Why work for VT Dining Services as a high school student?
- No experience required – we will train you!
- Flexible hours – part time and full time options, with early morning, day, evening, night, and weekend availability
- Pay starts at $9.25 with an opportunity for a $.25 raise every semester
- Free meal with each shift worked
- Incentives include team building, professional development, appreciation events, guest speakers, and more!
- And opportunities for advancement
Work with the BEST UNIVERSITY DINING in the nation! Or visit dining.vt.edu for details and on-line application (apply to the ‘Dining Services Wage Pool’). A fun way to join the HOKIE NATION!
There are 38 scholarship funds and only one application.
If you cannot attend tonight
ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL AID WORKSHOPS (FASFA)
Tuesday, November 28, Narrows High School 5-7 PM
Thursday, December 7, Giles Technology Center 5-7 PM
The Society of Women Engineers at the University of Virginia invites high school seniors and juniors from Virginia to apply to our High School Visitation program on Saturday, November 18, 2017. The program gives young women a comprehensive look at engineering fields and UVA’s engineering curriculum through informative speakers and hands-on design activities. The program is designed to benefit participants with all levels of engineering experience, but we particularly target those students who are not yet familiar with the field and may be interested in applying to engineering schools or pursuing a STEM career.
To apply, students should complete the HSV Fall 2017 Application which can be found here. This fall session particularly targets high school seniors, but sophomores and juniors can also apply. Students who have previously applied to HSV, are in the targeted grade level, and demonstrate a strong interest in engineering through their essay will receive priority acceptance and priority consideration for an overnight stay.
The attached flier provides more information about the event and instructions on how to apply online through our website.
The application must be completed online by 11:59 pm on Saturday, October 21st, 2017.