Meet eligibility requirements
- Spring 2016 High School/Private School/Home School graduate
- Giles County resident for at least 12 months
- Graduate high school with a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Complete NRCC Placement Tests (or SAT or ACT) and achieve satisfactory scores
- Attend, with a guardian, a Financial Aid Workshop held at your high school (dates TBA)
- Between February 1 and March 1, 2016, Submit ACCE online application www.nr.edu/acce
- By March 1, 2016, submit one of the following as poof of residency to Giles County
- A letter from Giles or Narrows High School indicating you have been a resident of Giles County for the current academic school year.
- If self-sufficient, provide a utility bill in your name for the past 12 months.
- If living with a parent or guardian, provide a utility bill with parent’s name and a statement from your parent stating you have resided there for the past 12 months.
- If living with a parent or guardian, provide a copy of parent’s real estate or personal property taxes for the past year along with a statement from your parent stating you have resided there for the past 12 months.
- Voter registration record if you have been registered to vote for at least 12 months.
- By March 1, 2016, Request official high school transcripts be sent to NRCC by your guidance counselor. (Upon graduation, final official transcripts will also be required)
- By March 14, 2016, Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – www.fafsa.gov
- By March 31, 2016, Complete NRCC’s placement test or submit SAT or ACT documentation with no more than nine credits of developmental courses needed
- Complete NRCC enrollment process
- Set up your student account and start checking your NRCC email
Virginia Tech is hosting FAFSA Fridays in February
800 Washington St SW Suite 200, Blacksburg, VA 24061
NEED FINANCIAL AID TO PAY FOR COLLEGE?
NEED FREE HELP IN COMPLETING YOUR FAFSA ELECTRONICALLY?
FAFSA FRIDAYS IN FEBRUARY
WHEN: FEBRUARY 05, 2015 – 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
FEBRUARY 12, 2015 – 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
FEBRUARY 19, 2015 – 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
FEBRUARY 26, 2015 – 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
WHERE: 800 WASHINGTON STREET, SW SUITE 200 BLACKSBURG, VA
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO BRING WITH YOU:
- 2015 FEDERAL TAX RETURN (S) FOR YOU AND YOUR PARENTS IF FILED
- IF NOT AVAILABLE, PLEASE BRING 2014 TAX RETURN
- FSA ID FOR YOU AND YOUR PARENT, https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid
2015-16 NHS Scholarship Application Procedures
The application process for the NHS Scholarship Program is administered online by International Scholarship and Tuition Services (ISTS.) The deadline to complete and submit the student portion of the online form is February 16, 2016. The deadline for advisers and principals to complete and submit their recommendations and certifications is February 24, 2016.
- Go to https://aim.applyists.net/NHS, create an account using your email address and a password. If you are prompted for a Program Key, enter NHS.
- You can make changes to your application until February 16, 2016. The student portion of the form will be read-only after February 16.
- Complete the student portion of the application.
- On the recommendations tab, enter the name and email address of your NHS adviser (or guidance counselor) for the corresponding verification, recommendation, and electronic signature request. ISTS will send an automated email to that individual with instructions and a code to complete the verification, recommendation, and electronic signature.
- Enter the name and email address of your principal in the corresponding recommendation and electronic signature request. ISTS will send an automated email to him or her with instructions and a code to complete the recommendation and electronic signature.*
- Prior to February 24 confirm that both your adviser and principal have completed their portions. You can log into your account at any time to check the status of your application.
*Students may choose to print a hard copy of the recommendation request and distribute it to their adviser and principal. Please do not delay in verifying that your recommendations have been submitted. The adviser and principal portions must be done by February 24.
For assistance: If you experience any problems with the online process, please refer to the FAQs section of your application, or contact ISTS at 855-670-4787 or ContactUs@applyISTS.com. ALL technical issues must be forwarded to ISTS.
Virginia State Chapter P.E.O. Scholarships