If you are wanting to go to college to be a teacher, this scholarship is for you.
Deadline Postmark April 4.
The Virginia Department of Education announces the Granville P. Meade Scholarship which provides financial assistance to students who have achieved academically, but who are financially unable to attend college. The Granville P. Meade fund awards scholarships to eligible Virginia high school seniors to attend one of Virginia’s public or private colleges or universities.
Principals of all public and nonpublic high schools are requested to assist in making students aware of this scholarship opportunity. It is anticipated that the scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $2,000 per year for four years, provided the student continues to meet the scholarship requirements.
The application and selection timeline is as follows:
- March 16, 2018 – Deadline for public and private school students to submit scholarship application to their high school principal.
The Virginia Aviation Business Association is the sponsor of the annual Charles J. Colgan Scholarship. We provide an award in the amount of $2,000 (Two Thousand Dollars) to a well deserving Virginia resident High School,Technical School Senior or College/University Undergraduate who is pursuing an aviation or aerospace related career at an accredited institution. The scholarship will be paid directly to the institution in the name of the awardee. Application Below
- Completed and signed application and all supporting documents received by the deadline.
- Attained a Grade Point Average of at least 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) in their last full year of study.
- Completed essay, typed, double-spaced between 250-500 words on the subject: “Why I Wish to Pursue a Career in Aviation” or “Why Aviation is Important to the Commonwealth of Virginia”.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation, preferably from at least one person in the Aviation industry.
- Proof of acceptance into an aviation-related post-secondary education program. Examples of aviation careers include (but are not limited to) pilots, aviation maintenance technicians, aviation managers, Air Traffic Control, Aerospace Engineering, Aviation Management studies, etc.
- Complete and sign the VABA Scholarship application form.
- Have your guidance counselor or other high school official sign all required certifications.
- Attach an official copy of your current high school transcript and a copy of acceptance letters or other verification of enrollment.
- Have the individuals providing the recommendations put their recommendation letters in a sealed envelope, with their signature across the back sealed fold.
- Mail all documents together to arrive by the deadline of March 30, 2018 to:
EventZone is offering three (3) or four (4) $1,000 scholarships to area high school seniors pursuing a major or minor in the fine arts (music, theater, dance, visual arts). Deadline: April 13, 2018
Please click link below
$1000 Must live in Craig Co to qualify.
2018 Toyota scholarship that is now available! There are TEN $1,000 scholarships on the line!
Deadline March 16
Please click on the link below to download the application.
Please see the attached for further information.