Tuesday, November 29th at Giles Technology Center 4:30-6:30 pm
Get hands-on help and assistance filling out the financial aid form.
Have your tax information ready and let us help you!
Learn all you need to know about the ACCE Program.
Tuesday, November 8th 6:00 pm GHS Library
All Dates are here with deadlines for registration: https://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-us-dates
Dates at Giles High School :
Register Here: https://www.collegeboard.org/
Practice Here: https://sat.collegeboard.org/practice
Financial Aid Workshop for students and Parents Monday, October 17th 6:00-7:30 (GHS Library)
Sign-up for Concord on-site with Mrs. McMahan by November 2nd. Concord will be at GHS on November 9th at 1:00 p.m.
The 2016 ACCE Application is officially open!
Meet eligibility requirements
- Spring 2016 High School/Private School/Home School graduate
- Giles County resident for at least 12 months
- Graduate high school with a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Complete NRCC Placement Tests (or SAT or ACT) and achieve satisfactory scores
- Attend, with a guardian, a Financial Aid Workshop held at your high school (dates TBA)
- Between February 1 and March 1, 2016, Submit ACCE online application www.nr.edu/acce
- By March 1, 2016, submit one of the following as poof of residency to Giles County
- A letter from Giles or Narrows High School indicating you have been a resident of Giles County for the current academic school year.
- If self-sufficient, provide a utility bill in your name for the past 12 months.
- If living with a parent or guardian, provide a utility bill with parent’s name and a statement from your parent stating you have resided there for the past 12 months.
- If living with a parent or guardian, provide a copy of parent’s real estate or personal property taxes for the past year along with a statement from your parent stating you have resided there for the past 12 months.
- Voter registration record if you have been registered to vote for at least 12 months.
- By March 1, 2016, Request official high school transcripts be sent to NRCC by your guidance counselor. (Upon graduation, final official transcripts will also be required)
- By March 14, 2016, Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – www.fafsa.gov
- By March 31, 2016, Complete NRCC’s placement test or submit SAT or ACT documentation with no more than nine credits of developmental courses needed
- Complete NRCC enrollment process
- Set up your student account and start checking your NRCC email
Virginia Tech is hosting FAFSA Fridays in February
800 Washington St SW Suite 200, Blacksburg, VA 24061
540/231-5179 • Fax 540/231-9139 • email@example.com • www.finaid.vt.edu
NEED FINANCIAL AID TO PAY FOR COLLEGE?
NEED FREE HELP IN COMPLETING YOUR FAFSA ELECTRONICALLY?
FAFSA FRIDAYS IN FEBRUARY
WHEN: FEBRUARY 05, 2015 – 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
FEBRUARY 12, 2015 – 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
FEBRUARY 19, 2015 – 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
FEBRUARY 26, 2015 – 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
WHERE: 800 WASHINGTON STREET, SW SUITE 200 BLACKSBURG, VA
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO BRING WITH YOU: