The Society of Women Engineers at the University of Virginia invites high school seniors and juniors from Virginia to apply to our High School Visitation program on Saturday, November 18, 2017. The program gives young women a comprehensive look at engineering fields and UVA’s engineering curriculum through informative speakers and hands-on design activities. The program is designed to benefit participants with all levels of engineering experience, but we particularly target those students who are not yet familiar with the field and may be interested in applying to engineering schools or pursuing a STEM career.
To apply, students should complete the HSV Fall 2017 Application which can be found here. This fall session particularly targets high school seniors, but sophomores and juniors can also apply. Students who have previously applied to HSV, are in the targeted grade level, and demonstrate a strong interest in engineering through their essay will receive priority acceptance and priority consideration for an overnight stay.
The attached flier provides more information about the event and instructions on how to apply online through our website.
The application must be completed online by 11:59 pm on Saturday, October 21st, 2017.
- Meet eligibility requirements
- Spring 2018 high school/private/home school graduate
- Giles County resident for at least 12 months
- Graduate HS with a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Complete NRCC enrollment process
- Set up your student account and start checking your NRCC email
- With a guardian, attend a Financial Aide Workshop held at your school
- Between January 3 and February 5, 2018 Submit ACCE online application at www.nr.edu/acce
- By March 1, 2018 home-scholled/private school students should provide proof of residency to Giles County
- By March 15, 2018 Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) www.fafsa.gov
- By April 30, 2018 Complete NRCC’s placement test or submit SAT or ACT documentation with no more than nine credits of developmental courses needed.
ALL DEADLINES ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED
Contact Angie Covey, email@example.com
Ericka Tolbert, firstname.lastname@example.org
NRCC Educational Foundation
BRYAN AND NORRIS SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE ALERT
Please be aware that in this scholarship cycle, finalists for the Bryan Scholarship will also be considered for the Norris Scholarship, valued at full tuition and offered once every four years.
The nomination deadline for these opportunities is Wednesday, September 20. To submit a nomination, please use the online form.
• each school may have up to three nominees.
• you must submit a transcript and recommendation with the nomination form.
• the deadline for your nominee to submit a full, completed application (available at www.davidson.edu/apply) for admission to Davidson is October 15th.
(This early completion date does NOT imply an Early Decision commitment to Davidson.)
You will find additional information on the Bryan Scholarship website.
If our communications have crossed in the mail and you have already submitted your nominations, you and your nominee(s) will receive an acknowledgment of that nomination via email.
Questions? Please contact Ms. Gardner Roller Ligo (email@example.com), Director of Merit Programs.
Need based Scholarship
National Youth Leadership Forum: Medicine
Click below for information and please let me know if you would like to be nominated.
Virginia Tech Regular Admissions deadline is December 1, 2017
Early Decision deadline will be November 1, 2017
Gary Jackson will be on campus October 31, 2017 at 9:00 am to talk about the early decision as well as regular admission process.
NOVEMBER 16 will be the ONSITE VISIT WITH EARLY ADMISSION DECISIONS.